links to this post

AMSHINOV- no quarter asked,no quarter given

Think of me as perpetual Shil'shel Peh

Sunday, August 14, 2005

Boil My Blood

Crazy Chumros,
I have many strange and wild customs that I have picked up from a vairety of places.To name a few: I wear a chabad tallis with an Atara, I sit for Havdalah, only make Kiddush on Vodka shabus mornings. I also picked a number of Chumros: I don't eat matzah outside of peasch, I'm makpid Rabunu Tom's Z'man for everything even Motzie Yom Tov Shanee, I don't Brok, I sit at my Chanuka for a 1/2 hour, eat in the Sukah on Shimine Ah'tzeres to list a few.But I 'v never pushed any of this on anyone else .And I don't understand people who do push chumras on the masses, as if it isn't hard enough.

Though I won't be making Havdalah until צאת הכוכבים לר"ת
Fixed 72 minutes after sunset 9:07:16 ע"ב דקות שוות אחר השקיעה . Many New York shuls are davening marriv Motzie Tish'abov at 8:40, which is after 3 small stars 36 minutes as degrees.ג' כוכבים קטנים ל"ו דקות במעלות that is for davening not eating. And some shuls are davening at 8:45PM which is almost a minute past nightfall for the Chazon Ish צאת הכוכבים חזון איש 40 minutes as degrees מ' דקות במעלות. Again this is when they will daven, not eat.But no shul was davening Marriv at 8:15 which would allow them to finish at 8:27:11 three medium stars 27 minutes as degrees.End of rabbinicly ordained (M'Derabanan) fasts. ג' כוכבים בינונים כ"ז דקות במעלות .

Please tell me there is one righteous shul out there.

What is even more annoying, is the women who don't know that they don't have to wait for their husbands(havdalah) and are not eating until G-d knows when , and so your holy chumra has become an avayra.Very nice.

BTW my (rabbi) PALM says we can eat at 8:25PM :)


-amshinover lives in amshinov plus or minus a week

3 Comments:

  • At 8/15/2005 1:44 AM, Blogger Phillip Minden said…

    How on earth (on this one at least) do you justify 72 fixed minutes? This isn't R' Tam's shitte. Rather it should be at the altitude the sun has at 72 minutes in Eretz Yisroel at the equinox, which is why his method makes no sense even without considering his way of reasoning. (Nacht sometimes comes out to be after alous hashacher.)

     
  • At 8/15/2005 3:38 PM, Blogger AMSHINOVER said…

    Mirty,
    Im a mixed(up)breed, but you knew that.


    lipman,
    would you rather I hold 72 minutes as 16.1 degrees, and fasted until 9:26?

     
  • At 8/16/2005 6:46 AM, Blogger Just Passing Through said…

    ALl these numbers. I'm breaking out in a sweat.

    Amshi, I davened at 8:15. Most of the other shuls were at 8:45. I DIDN'T know that the wife didn't have to wait though. Bummer. I coulda stopped at Dunkin Donuts then.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Counters
Free Counters
<< List
asGHsays:annoyingOverly-emotionalPlaySlightlyUnfair&windUpWithAll$JewishBloggers
Join >>
Homer Simpson:Because sometimes the only way you can feel good about yourself is by making someone else look bad. And I'm tired of making other people feel good about themselves Who Links Here
Track referers to your site with referer.org free referrer feed. More blogs about judaism.
Technorati Blog Finder